In a world where information rules the stock, data occupies a predominant position, loss of which can impair most of the functioning that are surviving on it. Data loss has become a common concern these days and more number of big firms having recognized this impending threat are responding to it by adopting comprehensive backup solutions that they believe would secure their precious and sensitive data from hackers and data thieves.
Data loss can occur due to multiple reasons which may include hard drive crashes, software malfunctions, virus and spyware menace, physical destruction of the components of the hard drive, natural calamities just to name a few. Data loss to unscrupulous employees, stolen laptops, server crash are equally damaging and can lead to eventual closure of your business irrespective of its size if substantial amounts of sensitive data is leaked out from the company network.
Data loss can also occur when ignorant employers dispose their used laptops and PCs by simply formatting the hard drives under the erroneous conception that this is sufficient to wipe off the data that was previously stored on the hard disk. Unless and until the data is overwritten several times, it’s only the address book that gets deleted, not the data thus exposing it to the risk of being retrieved by wrong doers who are just one step away from causing havoc in your life.
If you are a victim of a data loss situation, the only thing that can save you by retrieving your data is data recovery software. Choosing an effective data recovery software is no easy task specially when markets are flooded with a wide range of software promising recovery right down from a single file to an entire partition. Nevertheless, the pain that goes into selecting a suitable software is worth it as it proves useful in the long run and saves huge amount of time, frustration and possibly money.
Following are a few indicators that can help you to select a suitable software:-
- It should have a Easy-to-use wizard-driven interface
- Whether the software is compatible with the Systems hardware
- Capable of operating even without installation on the computer and preferably comes in a bootable disk that can wipe directly from the CD (It is essential to install the software on a separate drive barring the one where the deleted data was stored. Installing the software on the same drive can result in data overwriting defeating the purpose for data recovery)
- It should have cutting edge algorithms that ensure secure and complete data recovery with required number of password protection as per client specification
- You are provided with enough algorithms to choose from
- Ability to counter virus and spyware menace
- Generates a comprehensive log report which would feature current status and items recovered
- A service provider that constantly updates itself with present and newly evolving technologies and procedures