Memory card is a popular flash memory storage media, which is used in a number of digital cameras, mobile phones, PDAs, and other handheld devices to store data. Various memory card types include Secure Digital Cards, Multimedia Cards, Compact Flash Cards, Memory Sticks and many more. These are used to store and transfer photos, songs, videos, and graphic files, between a variety of devices. They are considered to be more stable than storage devices that have moving internal components. However, in some cases, you need to format these memory cards to remove viruses or other logical errors. Formatting deletes all the files from media and causes complete data loss. In such critical situations, you need to go for an Photo Recovery Software to get your lost files recovered.
Memory card formatting is the perfect way for removing viruses from the media. It also helps you to replace damaged data structures, system files, and the file system of the card. You can format a memory card in Mac OS X operating system easily:
- Insert your memory card into the card reader that is attached to a Mac computer.
- On the 'Finder' screen, click 'Applications' in the 'Side-Bar' and scroll down to find 'Utilities' folder.
- Locate 'Disk Utilities' in 'Utilities' folder and double-click 'Disk Utility' to launch it.
- In Disk Utility, select the memory card and then click on the 'Erase' button. Select a format that you want to use for formatting your memory card on 'Volume Format' button. Use 'Mac OS Extended (Journaled)' option.
- A dialog box appears for confirmation about 'Erase' process. Confirm the process by clicking 'Erase' button.
- After completion of formatting, the memory card mounts on your Mac OS X computer just like other removable devices.
Formatting deletes all the files from your memory card. However, you should know that the files are not deleted permanently from memory card after formatting. Only the index of the photos is deleted and thus these photos can not be accessed. The photos can however be recovered using Digital Photo Recovery applications.
These are powerful and advanced third-party tools, which carry out in-depth scan of entire memory card using efficient scanning techniques. They perform absolute Picture Recovery in all cases of file loss, and enable you to carry out Mac Photo Recovery on your own.
Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery (Mac) software recovers lost, deleted, inaccessible, and missing photos from all types of memory cards. The software has a simple graphical user interface, and is designed for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard, 10.4 Tiger, and 10.3.9 Panther.